FUSE LGBTIQ video news Round Up | 1-7 APRIL 2019
On May 17 people all over Australia will stand against discrimination in support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTIQ) mates, colleagues and families.
Go rainbow on IDAHOBIT and use the day to publicly stand with the LGBTIQ community. It’s the perfect opportunity for your school or workplace to start small changes that can make a big difference.
If your thinking about starting PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) having as much information as possible is essential before making your decision.
PrEP is a prescription medication which is a combination of two different drugs, and is taken once daily by people in order to prevent them from becoming infected with HIV. It must be started 7 days before exposure and continued for 28 days after exposure.
The Out & Loud Choral Festival will be hitting Canberra this October, gracing the nation’s capital with hundreds of harmonic voices from across Australia and New Zealand. The Canberra Gay and Lesbian Qwire will be hosting the festival, which will be a bustling jamboree of choral music, queer culture and, of course, rainbow pride.
The psychology of fear and hate, and what each of us can do to stop it. As an immigrant to New Zealand, I am saddened and outraged by the events in Christchurch. The apparent innocence of New Zealand has been stripped away by acts of cowardice and evil.
Photo: New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has travelled to Christchurch after yesterday’s terror attacks. Migrants target of hate
Audit of ACT laws to ensure they are rainbow friendly. Chief Minister of the ACT and Australia’s first openly gay head of government, Andrew Barr, has ordered an audit of the Territory’s law to identify any potentially harmful impacts on the queer community.
Australian Lawyers for Human Rights ( ALHR ) has made a New Year call on the Australian Prime Minister to give immediate effect to his 2018 promise to remove religious exemptions to discrimination laws affecting LGBT students and teachers in Australian schools.
More Articles ...
- Last minute gift ideas
- Exclusion: Sex, love and politics
- A year since marriage equality in Australia
- YES!FEST is coming
- What does it mean to be ‘cisgender’?
- Transgender or Drag Queen
- Gay marriages are less likely to break up
- Antibiotic-resistant ‘Super Gonorrhoea’
- Why advertising with shirtless guys is OK
- The quiet rise of gender-neutral toys
- Australian Christians scream prosecution
- How stigma impacts LGB health and wellbeing in Australia
- Truvada (PrEP) the game-changer
- Are you at risk of failing a roadside drug test after a wild weekend?
- Sport and LGBTIQ rights in 2018
- Australia votes yes!
- How advocacy ads exploit our emotions
- Same-sex marriage will reduce suicide
- Liberals slaps down same-sex marriage
- Midnight Shift in Sydney closes
- Why are gay and bisexual men dying from suicide
- Queeraz on a device near you!
- Three ways to get PrEP in Australia
- Ireland's first gay prime minister
- Gay DIDGERIDOO porn outrage
- Trump's religious liberty executive order
- Italian coffee 'cuts prostate cancer risk'
- Undetectable Sex Is Safer Sex!
- Listerine gargle to slow gonorrhoea
- Inventor of gay rights rainbow flag dies