The naked shower selfie challenge
New HIV Naked Shower Selfie Campaign Shows #WeareALLclean
Jack Mackenroth (Jack Mackenroth is an American swimmer, model, and fashion designer who competed in the fourth season of American reality show Project Runway.
Mackenroth was the first openly HIV-positive contestant in the show's histor) has teamed up with gay social media app Moovz to raise money for HIV/AIDS organization Housing Works as we head towards World AIDS Day on December 1.
The new campaign combats the "Are you clean?" stigma.
"I was inspired by the use of the word 'clean', especially common in gay culture, to describe oneself as STI/STD free. Indirectly this implies that HIV-positive people are somehow 'dirty'", says Mackenroth. "I thought a PG or PG-13 shower selfie or Vine video would be a fun way that everyone could easily show their support for finding a cure by using social media and by using the hashtag #weareALLclean when they post their photo with the link. They then nominate 3 other people to participate and hopefully donate to the project as well."How you can participate!
- Take a selfie or Vine video of yourself in the shower.** NO EXPLICIT NUDITY**
- Post your photo on Moovz and all social media platforms with the caption "Take HIV Shower Selfie Challenge raise $$ for AIDS cure bit.ly/CUREAIDS #weareALLclean"
- Challenge 3 or more other people to participate!
- (Optional) DONATE!! Please consider a small donation if you are able. Every penny counts!
- On World AIDS Day: Monday, December 1st, please change all your social media profile pix to your shower selfie photo and spread the word!!