Brisbane’s Anglican Archbishop is calling for Queensland’s controversial “gay panic” homicide defence to be scrapped. Speaking after Easter mass, Archbishop Phillip Aspinall said he supported calls for the Homosexual Advance Defence to be removed from common law.
USA : Gay Teen Austin Wallis faced expulsion from his high school if he did not go back into the closet. But instead he decided to leave the school ran by a homophobic headmaster and share his emotional story with the world, via his popular Youtube channel.
USA : Indiana Religious Objections Bill Signed as Dispute Swirls. Indiana Gov. Mike Pence vigorously defended the state religious objections bill that he signed into law Thursday as businesses and organizations including the NCAA pressed concerns that it could open the door to legalizing discrimination against gay people.
The last time these two women walked down the aisle together, they said, “I do.” The lives of the Rev. Kaci Clark-Porter and the Rev. Holly Clark-Porter intertwined in perhaps an even more extraordinarily spiritual way, as the couple walked down the aisle at Delaware’s Presbyterian Church to become ordained Christian ministers.
USA : The California attorney general is attempting to block a bid for a 'kill the gays' law propsed by the conservative christian lawyer, Matt McLaughlin. The attorney general said that she will ask a judge to block a proposed California ballot initiative that calls for gays to be "put to death by bullets to the head."
Pronoun ‘hen’ can be used without revealing gender – either because it is unknown, because the person is transgender, or the information is superfluous. The official dictionary of the Swedish language will introduce a gender-neutral pronoun in April, editors at the Swedish Academy have announced.
One in five new HIV infections is acquired overseas, according to new figures, sparking a public health campaign targeting travellers both leaving and arriving in Australia. New data from NSW Health shows that of the 354 people newly diagnosed, 21 per cent were likely to have acquired their HIV infection oversea
Politician says anti-bullying campaign is a 'gay plot' to promote homosexual lifestyles and turn gay kids into 'celebrities' at school! A former Christian pastor and politician described an anti-bullying campaign as a 'gay lifestyle promotion program.'
The Safe Schools Coalition which recently lauched in Canberra by Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT is under attack by Christian groups. Groups like Family Voice and the Australian Christian Lobby have launched a campaign against the program and are busy recruiting people of faith and MPs to their cause.
"We hear a lot about marriage equality, but what about equality for kids?" a woman says in the ad. Broadcaster SBS has pulled the Australian Marriage Forum's anti same-sex marriage television advertisement from their Sunday night telecast of the 37th Sydney Mardi Gras.
A new partnership between the AIDS Action Council of the ACT and newly established LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer) youth project Encampment has just been signed by both organisations will see a bright future for many of Canberra’s LGBTIQ young people.
More Articles ...
- Gay Families Are Coming To The Emoji Keyboard
- Transgender people are like nuclear weapons
- World's first transgender doll?
- New compound preventing HIV infection show promise
- Same sex marriage needs straight people!
- ACT groups design new HIV strategy
- Barilla launches gay family ad campaign
- Study Reveals That It Really 'Does Get Better'
- Steve Grand is the All-American Boy
- Mental health issues may increase HIV risk
- Mormon church breaks silence
- Baker says no to homophobic cake!
- The ‘Queerest’ City in America
- India’s First Trans Mayor Elected
- Russia bans Trans people from driving
- Legalize Same-Sex Relationships in India
- Egypt acquits gay men over bathhouse raid
- Scotland’s First Same-Sex Marriages
- New Aussie gay teen TV drama
- 2014 - A year in HIV
- Christian lobby boycotts Safe Schools Program
- Tim Cook donates to support gay rights
- Lucy Thomas talks about surviving bullying
- Andrew Barr set to be first openly gay Chief Minister
- David Leyonhjelm holds firm on same-sex marriage
- The naked shower selfie challenge
- Hockey team strip to fight homophobia
- 'Gay' Arse Hunter game removed!
- Genetic link for homosexuality
- LGBTI elderly community