FUSE LGBTIQ video news Round Up | 1-17 MARCH 2019
The Out & Loud Choral Festival will be hitting Canberra this October, gracing the nation’s capital with hundreds of harmonic voices from across Australia and New Zealand. The Canberra Gay and Lesbian Qwire will be hosting the festival, which will be a bustling jamboree of choral music, queer culture and, of course, rainbow pride.
The psychology of fear and hate, and what each of us can do to stop it. As an immigrant to New Zealand, I am saddened and outraged by the events in Christchurch. The apparent innocence of New Zealand has been stripped away by acts of cowardice and evil.
Photo: New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has travelled to Christchurch after yesterday’s terror attacks. Migrants target of hate
Audit of ACT laws to ensure they are rainbow friendly. Chief Minister of the ACT and Australia’s first openly gay head of government, Andrew Barr, has ordered an audit of the Territory’s law to identify any potentially harmful impacts on the queer community.
Queerdom, an exhibition showing at the Imperial Hotel in Erksineville, is an arresting and unsettling archive of queer and trans performances in Sydney.
A collaboration between photographer Jamie James and poet Quinn Eades, working here as James Eades, Queerdom presents a history of sexual and gender transgression that refuses containment and comfort. Instead, these works ask much more probing questions about the hard work of living and performing on the sexual and gender margins.
Australian Lawyers for Human Rights ( ALHR ) has made a New Year call on the Australian Prime Minister to give immediate effect to his 2018 promise to remove religious exemptions to discrimination laws affecting LGBT students and teachers in Australian schools.
Local Canberra playwright and director, David Atfield delivers yet another exceptional play. It's a heady ride of sex, love and politics. It was with much excitement that I ventured out to see David Atfield’s latest play, ‘Exclusion’, at the Street Theatre, in Canberra.
More Articles ...
- A year since marriage equality in Australia
- YES!FEST is coming
- What does it mean to be ‘cisgender’?
- Transgender or Drag Queen
- Gay marriages are less likely to break up
- Antibiotic-resistant ‘Super Gonorrhoea’
- Why advertising with shirtless guys is OK
- The quiet rise of gender-neutral toys
- Australian Christians scream prosecution
- How stigma impacts LGB health and wellbeing in Australia
- Truvada (PrEP) the game-changer
- Are you at risk of failing a roadside drug test after a wild weekend?
- Sport and LGBTIQ rights in 2018
- Australia votes yes!
- How advocacy ads exploit our emotions
- Same-sex marriage will reduce suicide
- Liberals slaps down same-sex marriage
- Midnight Shift in Sydney closes
- Why are gay and bisexual men dying from suicide
- Queeraz on a device near you!
- Three ways to get PrEP in Australia
- Ireland's first gay prime minister
- Gay DIDGERIDOO porn outrage
- Trump's religious liberty executive order
- Italian coffee 'cuts prostate cancer risk'
- Undetectable Sex Is Safer Sex!
- Listerine gargle to slow gonorrhoea
- Inventor of gay rights rainbow flag dies
- Sexual equality in schools
- Online safety campaign