FUSE LGBTIQ video news Round Up | 12-23 FEB 2019
Audit of ACT laws to ensure they are rainbow friendly. Chief Minister of the ACT and Australia’s first openly gay head of government, Andrew Barr, has ordered an audit of the Territory’s law to identify any potentially harmful impacts on the queer community.
Queerdom, an exhibition showing at the Imperial Hotel in Erksineville, is an arresting and unsettling archive of queer and trans performances in Sydney.
A collaboration between photographer Jamie James and poet Quinn Eades, working here as James Eades, Queerdom presents a history of sexual and gender transgression that refuses containment and comfort. Instead, these works ask much more probing questions about the hard work of living and performing on the sexual and gender margins.
Australian Lawyers for Human Rights ( ALHR ) has made a New Year call on the Australian Prime Minister to give immediate effect to his 2018 promise to remove religious exemptions to discrimination laws affecting LGBT students and teachers in Australian schools.
Local Canberra playwright and director, David Atfield delivers yet another exceptional play. It's a heady ride of sex, love and politics. It was with much excitement that I ventured out to see David Atfield’s latest play, ‘Exclusion’, at the Street Theatre, in Canberra.
November 15, 2018 is the one-year anniversary of Australians voting “yes” to marriage equality. The survey was an unprecedented two-month exercise in engaging with current Australian community values around sexuality and relationships.
The Canberra Times described last year’s Marriage Equality Results Night street party at Hopscotch — attended by around 6000 people — as the first spontaneous thing to have ever happened in the national capital. YES!Fest is its successor and the Creative Director Danny Corvini (DJ Raydar) tells FUSE Magazine what we can expect of this year’s encore event.
As a term and concept, “transgender” is now firmly embedded in common parlance and popular consciousness. In Australia in the last few weeks alone there have been major news stories about transgender footballer Hannah Mouncey; Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s comments regarding “gender whisperers”; and the University of Western Australia cancelling a talk by an anti-transgender US academic.
More Articles ...
- Transgender or Drag Queen
- Gay marriages are less likely to break up
- Antibiotic-resistant ‘Super Gonorrhoea’
- Why advertising with shirtless guys is OK
- The quiet rise of gender-neutral toys
- Australian Christians scream prosecution
- How stigma impacts LGB health and wellbeing in Australia
- Truvada (PrEP) the game-changer
- Are you at risk of failing a roadside drug test after a wild weekend?
- Sport and LGBTIQ rights in 2018
- Australia votes yes!
- How advocacy ads exploit our emotions
- Same-sex marriage will reduce suicide
- Liberals slaps down same-sex marriage
- Midnight Shift in Sydney closes
- Why are gay and bisexual men dying from suicide
- Queeraz on a device near you!
- Three ways to get PrEP in Australia
- Ireland's first gay prime minister
- Gay DIDGERIDOO porn outrage
- Trump's religious liberty executive order
- Italian coffee 'cuts prostate cancer risk'
- Undetectable Sex Is Safer Sex!
- Listerine gargle to slow gonorrhoea
- Inventor of gay rights rainbow flag dies
- Sexual equality in schools
- Online safety campaign
- Immani Love Goes Down Under
- It's how big? What is a 'Normal' Penis Size?
- Annual Matthew Mitcham Portraits