Sexual minorities – people who identify as, among others, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer LGBTIQ+ – enjoy very few legal protection in South Africa. In some countries, “homosexual acts” are criminalised and may even carry long term prison sentences or the death penalty.
The AIDS Action Council has launched an awareness campaign around online safety and online bullying in the wake of recent incidents reported to the Council. You may have seen news reports of men being targeted on dating/hook-up apps, then being intimidated and threatened in person by a group of people.
Florida's erotic poet Immani Love knows how to use words to maximum effect. During the Sydney Gay and Lesbain Mardi Gras 2017 she toured Sydney and Canberra. Before she headed back to the US we though we quicky catch up with her to get the low down.
Nomograms representing the range of "normal" penis size measurements across all ages and races may help alleviate anxiety about penis size among male patients and may also be useful for research purposes. In total, 17 studies with up to 15,521 males underwent penis size measurement by health professionals.
Proudly presented by the Gay and Lesbian Tennis Club during SpringOUT Pride Festival Bushdance is Canberra's most popular GLBTIQ annual event attracting locals and people from all over the country. As usual it was a fabulous night of dancing and gays in flannies. Photos kindly supplied by Doug Robinson.
The Turnbull government's proposed plebiscite on same-sex marriage has formally been killed off by the Senate, where it was defeated 29-33 in a late-night vote on Monday, amid a warning the decision would delay marriage equality "for years". Months of speculation and political posturing culminated in Labor, the Greens...
The AIDS Action Council of the ACT was proud to once again host Fair Day as part of the SpringOUT 2016 Pride Festival. Fair Day is one of the biggest events in the Canberra LGBTIQ pride calendar. It has been a part of the Canberra social scene since 1999. This year it was held at AGorman House) Ainslie + Gorman Arts Centres - Saturday 29 October 2016. Photos kindly by Doug Robinson.
As students across the country zip up their backpacks and get on the bus for anther day at school, many will have more to focus on than memorising their schedules or making it to homeroom on time.
The Greens have today launched 'Marriage and More', a plan to end discrimination and keep fighting for equality for LGBTI people. The plan includes new laws to recognise overseas same-sex marriages and ban reparative therapies.
The ACT government will intervene to protect the embattled Safe Schools program supporting LGBTI students. Andrew Barr, cited his own struggles at school as he announced a decision to provide $100,000 in funding for the program.
More Articles ...
- 3/4 of Australians oppose plebiscite
- AFL's Groundbreaking Inaugural Pride Game
- 60% of Australians now back same-sex marriage
- UK MPs won't allow backtracking on gay marriage
- Failed Plebiscite Would Be “The End Of The Matter”, Says Morrison
- Pope says Christians should apologise to gay people
- Labor promises same-sex marriage
- A tragic weekend for the LGBT community
- Republicans release transphobic ad
- Sex Party Launches Queer Beer
- Victoria won't take advice 'from bigots' on Safe Schools
- The AIDS Candlelight Memorial
- International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- Does having sex count as exercise?
- Same-Sex Couples Can Now Adopt in all 50 states of America
- Video: Vice goes to Gay Bear Week
- Fear and loathing reigns in parliament!
- Plebiscite to cost more than $500 million
- Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras 2016
- 38,900 (and counting) support Safe Schools
- Petition by Family First to stop 'gay recruiting' Safe Schools lags
- 'At least I'm not a homophobe' says Bill Shorten
- Zealots, dragging us back to the dark ages
- Malcolm Turnbull requests investigation of Safe Schools
- Trans sex worker on HIV transmission charge
- Domestic Violence within our community
- Gay conversion therapy to be banned in Victoria
- Michigan Senate: Sodomy punishable by 15 years in prison
- Tony Abbott jets to US to address anti-gay movement
- A trans airline passenger forced to remove prosthetic