High rents and falling patronage force many gay bars to close. After 35 years as one of Sydney’s best-known gay nightclubs, The Midnight Shift, shut its main doors for the last time, leaving only the smaller upstairs bar to open on weekends. In Melbourne, the beloved gay bar The Greyhound (or GH) has also been demolished.
Last year I said “Stop the world — I want to get off”... and I got off in Canberra! I had lived in the capital as a teenager and like many of us growing up queer* in what felt like a giant country town, I fantasised about escaping it. A one-way ticket to the USA when I hit 18 was just what the doctor ordered.
PrEP can be difficult to access for gay Australians. Pre-exposure prophylaxis, PrEP, is a drug which if taken daily can prevent HIV infection. More than 27,000 Australians are living with HIV and PrEP is a potential game-changer, but it can be frustratingly difficult to access. The drug only offers protection against HIV.
"If my election today shows anything, it is that prejudice has no hold in this Republic." Ireland's governing Fine Gael party has elected Leo Varadkar as its new leader, choosing the gay, 38-year-old son of an Indian immigrant to succeed Enda Kenny as prime minister in a striking sign of the country's rapid social change.
What where they thinking? A gay porn studio - US-based studio Men.com - has sparks massive outrage over their latest gay porn film 'Didgeridoo Me' showing men having a sex with a DIDGERIDOO. It's been branded racist incredibly disrespectful and culturally offensive to Australian Aborigines.
Trumps latest executive 'religious liberty' order starts a slipmery slop for LGBT rights in the USA. Trump campaigned on being a "real friend" to the gay community, but several LGBT rights organisations said the religious liberty executive order he signed Thursday could open the doors for more discrimination against gay Americans.
Good news for men who love coffee, a new study suggests drinking more than three cups of Italian-style coffee can halve a man's risk of prostate cancer. Drinking Italian-style coffee could significantly reduce a man's risk of prostate cancer, according to a new study by the Laboratory of Translational Medicine.
“We are not dirty, we are not a threat, and we are not disease vectors.” Dr. Richard Wolitski, director of the Office for HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services told the crowd at the US Conference on AIDS, talking about HIV+ men with undetectable viral loads.
Listerine gargle every day helps to slow spread of gonorrhoea, study finds. Researchers at Melbourne clinic conduct clinical trial and say mouthwash a cheap and effective control measure. Daily rinsing and gargling with a commercial brand of mouthwash could help control the spread of gonorrhoea.
US artist and activist Gilbert Baker, best known for creating the rainbow flag representing gay rights, has died at the age of 65. Gilbert Baker, a San Francisco-based activist and artist best known for creating the rainbow flag representing gay rights, has died at the age of 65, his longtime friend announced on social media.
More Articles ...
- Sexual equality in schools
- Online safety campaign
- Immani Love Goes Down Under
- It's how big? What is a 'Normal' Penis Size?
- Annual Matthew Mitcham Portraits
- Canberra Bushdance 2016 | ACT
- Plebiscite defeated in late-night Senate vote
- SpringOUT Fair Day 2016 Photos
- Could gay-straight alliances reduce school bullying?
- Marriage and more: ACT Greens launch LBGT package
- ACT Government steps in to ensure Safe Schools program
- 3/4 of Australians oppose plebiscite
- AFL's Groundbreaking Inaugural Pride Game
- 60% of Australians now back same-sex marriage
- UK MPs won't allow backtracking on gay marriage
- Failed Plebiscite Would Be “The End Of The Matter”, Says Morrison
- Pope says Christians should apologise to gay people
- Labor promises same-sex marriage
- A tragic weekend for the LGBT community
- Republicans release transphobic ad
- Sex Party Launches Queer Beer
- Victoria won't take advice 'from bigots' on Safe Schools
- The AIDS Candlelight Memorial
- International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- Does having sex count as exercise?
- Same-Sex Couples Can Now Adopt in all 50 states of America
- Video: Vice goes to Gay Bear Week
- Fear and loathing reigns in parliament!
- Plebiscite to cost more than $500 million
- Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras 2016