As students across the country zip up their backpacks and get on the bus for anther day at school, many will have more to focus on than memorising their schedules or making it to homeroom on time.
The Greens have today launched 'Marriage and More', a plan to end discrimination and keep fighting for equality for LGBTI people. The plan includes new laws to recognise overseas same-sex marriages and ban reparative therapies.
The ACT government will intervene to protect the embattled Safe Schools program supporting LGBTI students. Andrew Barr, cited his own struggles at school as he announced a decision to provide $100,000 in funding for the program.
Over 3/4 of Australians oppose a plebiscite on their right to marry, a new survey has found. The latest poll from a group campaigning against the government's decision to hold plebiscite shows 36% of respondents support a popular vote on same-sex marriage when asked to consider their own right to marry.
I'm attending my first AFL game. Until now, I have avoided AFL, associating it with unpleasant personal experiences, as well as institutionalised homophobia, misogyny, sexism and racism. I'm hoping that this match will be different. It's the inaugural AFL Pride Game, between St Kilda Football Club and the Sydney Swans.
60% of Australians now support gay marriage according to the latest Nielsen poll published in July 2016. The poll, published in Fairfax newspapers, found nearly 60% of people support same-sex marriage, with 37 per cent against.
Scott Morrison expects the fight for marriage equality in Australia to come to a permanent end if a nationwide vote on the issue fails.
Pope Francis has said that Christians owe apologies to gays and others who have been offended or exploited by the church, remarks that some Catholics hailed as a breakthrough in the church's tone toward homosexuality.
Labor vows to ditch the ridiculously expensive plebiscite! Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has promised legalising same-sex marriage would be the Labor government's first priority in Parliament, while stepping up warnings over Coalition cuts to Medicare and suggesting a 15% GST could be back on the table.
50 people were targeted and killed in a busy gay club called Pulse in Florida –Orlando a space that is a precious, essential sanctuary for many. Barack Obama on Sunday condemned it an “act of terror and an act of hate”, after a gunman stormed the gay nightclub. Photo taken at a night called Twisted Tuesday, hosted by Pulse.
More Articles ...
- Republicans release transphobic ad
- Sex Party Launches Queer Beer
- Victoria won't take advice 'from bigots' on Safe Schools
- The AIDS Candlelight Memorial
- International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- Does having sex count as exercise?
- Same-Sex Couples Can Now Adopt in all 50 states of America
- Video: Vice goes to Gay Bear Week
- Fear and loathing reigns in parliament!
- Plebiscite to cost more than $500 million
- Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras 2016
- 38,900 (and counting) support Safe Schools
- Petition by Family First to stop 'gay recruiting' Safe Schools lags
- 'At least I'm not a homophobe' says Bill Shorten
- Zealots, dragging us back to the dark ages
- Malcolm Turnbull requests investigation of Safe Schools
- Trans sex worker on HIV transmission charge
- Domestic Violence within our community
- Gay conversion therapy to be banned in Victoria
- Michigan Senate: Sodomy punishable by 15 years in prison
- Tony Abbott jets to US to address anti-gay movement
- A trans airline passenger forced to remove prosthetic
- Gonorrhea may soon be untreatable
- Firefighters hotter than ever!
- It's like going bareback, but not!
- Trans woman Lives her life as a child
- The Pinnacle Foundation alumni named 2016 Rhodes Scholar
- Mackay becomes Council's patron
- Mother Teresa's charity — no gays!
- Guilty verdict in sex deception case