Former prime minister Julia Gillard has switched her position to now favour same-sex marriage, while denouncing Tony Abbott’s plan for a popular vote on the issue. But she says if such a vote goes ahead she will vote “yes”. Gillard, who strongly opposed same-sex marriage in government —
I grew up with lesbian mums, my reaction to the kind of hateful diatribe published in The Telegraph is one of sinking, familiar disappointment. I've been dealing with this crap my entire life. Sadly, though, I know all too well the feeling of the first time a kid with LGBTI parents sees their family vilified in the press:
Seven men have been jailed for six months in Senegal, after they were found guilty of homosexuality. A court in Dakar heard police caught the men having sex during a raid.
The mother of one of the accused told the authorities her son was gay, but she failed to show up as a prosecution witness at the trial.
The first trailer for Stonewall, out director Roland Emmerich’s film about a fictional young man caught up during the 1969 Stonewall Riots is here! The film is written by openly gay writer Jon Robin Baitz and stars Jeremy Irvine and newcomer Jonny Beauchamp with Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Ron Perlman also in the cast.
Over 95% of students aged 12-15 want secondary schools to offer LGBTI workshops, according to a study commissioned by the Ministry of Education and Rainbow Youth. In 2013, Rainbow Youth's diversity education workshops which have been around since the 1990s but never formally evaluated...
The U.S. military is on the brink of ending a controversial ban on transgender service members — one that prohibited them from joining the armed forces, or serving openly if they transition during their career. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, in a statement released Monday, called the policy outdated.
The Labor Party will push for a binding vote on same-sex marriage at their national conference. The party's current position is to allow a conscience vote out of respect for the religious views of members. But frontbencher Penny Wong says it's a matter of discrimination, and party policy should reflect this.
'Australia Won’t Blindly Follow U.S. To Equal Marriage, It’s Not Like A War' says Tony Abbott. The Australian Government has declared it is not compelled by the Supreme Court ruling on equal marriage and will not blindly follow the United States into social reforms like they were some kind of war in the Middle East.
WASHINGTON — In a long-sought victory for the gay rights movement in America, the US Supreme Court has ruled by a 5-to-4 vote on Friday that the Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage. “No longer may this liberty be denied,” Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote for the majority in the historic decision.
A Christian neighbor left a threatening note for a woman in Baltimore, attacking her 'relentlessly gay' front yard because it has a display of rainbow-colored lamps. Julie Baker, a widowed mother who lives on the outskirts of the city had the note jammed inside her door by the anonymous poster.
US A new ad for shows the uplifting, emotional path of a tran man who is working hard at the gym to build a new body. The touching spot, which runs for over two minutes, was produced in honor of Pride Month and appears to be the first ad from a big company that puts the process of gender transition front and center.
More Articles ...
- So who wants to marry a hot Mexican?
- Christian Gay Marriage Protest
- Nepal: Relief camps for LGBTI people
- Is a same-sex marriage vote close?
- Same-sex marriage on the brink
- Ambassador to France snubbed!
- Trans teen wins right to wear makeup
- Tasmania introduces “religious freedom” legislation
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich = More Sex!
- Archbishop wants end to ‘gay panic’ defence
- Video : Get your tissue box out!
- Sorry we can't serve you... Your gay!
- Ordained Lesbian Couple Making History
- Religiously motivated 'kill the gays' law proposal
- Sweden adds gender-neutral pronoun to dictionary
- 1 in 5 HIV cases in NSW acquired overseas
- Politician says anti-bullying campaign is a 'gay plot'
- Safe Schools Coalition is under attack
- Backlash over anti-marriage equality advertisement
- Exciting partnership for Canberra’s LGBTIQ youth
- Gay Families Are Coming To The Emoji Keyboard
- Transgender people are like nuclear weapons
- World's first transgender doll?
- New compound preventing HIV infection show promise
- Same sex marriage needs straight people!
- ACT groups design new HIV strategy
- Barilla launches gay family ad campaign
- Study Reveals That It Really 'Does Get Better'
- Steve Grand is the All-American Boy
- Mental health issues may increase HIV risk