Youth depression, support is here!
Headspace ACT provides support, information and assistance for young people aged 12 to 25 years who are experiencing emotional or mental health issues and/or a substance use issue. We aim to provide support as early as possible so you can access Headspace ACT even if your problem seems to be really small or really huge.
Would you like to talk with someone about:
- feeling depressed or anxious?
- feeling like you are not coping?
- finding solutions to issues that are concerning you?
- not sleeping well or sleeping too much?
- finding it hard to concentrate or make decisions?
- changes in your appetite or energy levels?
- feeling alone or no-one understands you?
- concerns with your drinking or drug use?
- concerns about relationships?
- feeling that you don’t understand what is happening to you?
- being bullied, hurt or sexually harassed?
- having difficulty finding a job or where you are living?
- concerns about family members’ mental health?
At Headspace ACT you can receive support from a range of professionals including youth workers, psychologists, social workers, alcohol and other drug workers. These workers are skilled in listening to young people and can help you identify problems, goals and achieve creative solutions to issues.
How do I see a Headspace ACT worker?
If you are worried about a young person and want to refer them to Headspace ACT click here to go to our referral page.
How much does it cost?
Headspace ACT services are free or low cost depending on the worker you see. We want you to be able to access the support you need so have a chat with us about fees and concessions if you need to. If you have any other questions please contact us and one of our youth workers would be happy to speak with you. The University is a big place - this campus map should help you find us. Make sure you follow the green Headspace ACT signs!